IAPAC is the registered, bipartisan political action committee of the Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA). IAPAC contributes to candidates who have an exceptional track record on the issues of importance to the Iranian American community, articulated a readiness to engage and work with Iranian Americans, and/or are in a position to have influence over the legislative issues of concern to the community. In addition, IAPAC supports and encourages Iranian Americans to actively participate in the U.S. democratic process by voting in elections and running for public office.
- Political action committees are an important part of the American political process as candidates depend on financial contributions to get elected and re-elected.
- IAPAC contributions give PAAIA a voice to educate elected officials about the IA community, assuring that our message is heard and a long-term relationship is established with influential lawmakers.
- IAPAC’s support of Iranian American candidates not only helps increase the voice of Iranian Americans in the electoral process, complements efforts to project a positive image of Iranian Americans, and encourages Iranian American participation in the American civic process.
- Since its inception, IAPAC has contributed $455K to 95 candidates and all congressional party committees.
- Notable Iranian Americans elected to local office that IAPAC has supported include, but are not limited to, Jimmy Delshad (first IA Mayor from Beverly Hills), Cyrus Habib (first IA to be elected to State wide office - WA), Anna Kaplan (New York State Senator), and Zahra Karinshak (Georgia State Senator and congressional candidate).
How to Get Involved:
- For further information about IAPAC, including information about the candidates that IAPAC supports, contact PAAIA's office at (202) 828-8370.
- You may also support IAPAC by becoming a member of PAAIA and be a part of creating a credible voice for the Iranian American community.
Candidate for U.S. House of Representatives